Featuring almost double the energy storage capacity of its first-generation predecessor, the Gen2 enables teams and drivers to complete an entire race at higher speeds, without making a mid-race car swap as seen in previous campaigns.
All 12 Formula E teams will use identical cars for Season 6 – built by Spark Racing Technologies with assistance from Dallara.
Since Season 2, however, the championship has allowed manufacturers to develop their own cars with powertrain solutions.
For the sixth season of the championship, Venturi benefits from Mercedes-Benz technology [powertrain, cooling system, rear frame, rear suspension, dampers, software, onboard electronics and wires], designed and developed by Mercedes-AMG High Performance Powertrains in Brixworth, UK.
• Overall length: 5,160mm
• Wheelbase: 3,100mm
• Overall width: 1,770mm
• Track width: 1,553mm
• Overall height: 1,050mm
• Ride height: 75mm [max]
• Weight [including driver]: 900kg [battery: 385 kg]
• Designed by Mercedes-Benz
• Maximum battery power: 250kW [340bhp]
• Race mode: 200kW [270bhp]
• Boost mode: 235kW [during Attack Mode]
• Regeneration: 250kW [max]
• Maximum speed: 280km/h [174mph]
• Acceleration: 0-100km/h in 2.8 seconds
• Thermal efficiency gains through software and fluid optimisation
• Constructed by McLaren Applied Technologies [all teams]
• Chassis: Carbon / aluminium honeycomb structure made by Dallara
• Bodywork: Carbon / Kevlar honeycomb structure made by Dallara
• Halo: Titanium
• Inverter, motor and gearbox designed by Mercedes-Benz
• Tyres: Michelin Pilot Sport 18” [treaded] for both wet and dry conditions
• Front width: 260mm
• Front diameter: 650mm
• Rear width: 305mm
• Rear diameter: 690mm
• Brakes: Brembo + active system brake by wire
• FIA safety standards